Sunday, June 23, 2019

HOME OF THE GOLDEN OLDIES!


     MONDAY, JUNE 24TH., 2019
 HOME OF THE GOLDEN OLDIES!

    I've worked for and listened to a lot of
radio stations that pride themselves as being
the "Home of the Golden Oldies."
    I like the oldies because, as I've pointed
out before, I played them when they were
new in my few years as a DJ.
    I haven't heard any regional stations
playing oldies here in Wildwood and
that surprises me because as many people
will tell you this town might well be
considered the home of those golden
oldies.
     Consider this. Bill Haley and the
Comets  first preformed "Rock Around
The Clock" here in Wildwood.
      A fellow known as Chubby Checker
also premiered "The Twist" in a night
spot not far from the Wildwood
boardwalk.
       Bobby Rydell even did a song
about the area. "Oh Those Wildwood
Days."
       Of course all of those popular
rock songs were generally played on
local AM radio stations and the AM
dial in my car picked up absolutely
nothing when I switched to the Scan
Mode. That's kind of sad.
       Guess I'll just fire up the XM
receiver and set it on 50's or 60's.
That should take me back a few
years ago right here at the beach!
        Hope they play Bill Hailey
and that all your NEWS is good!











'  

No comments:

Post a Comment