Saturday, June 22, 2019

THE SECRET TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT!


             SUNDAY, JUNE 23RD., 2019
THE SECRET TO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT!

   It was the first evening of our annual family
vacation to Wildwood. For some of us a walk
to the boardwalk was a must!
   For me it was the combination of tradition
and the need for my ration of Curley Fries.
   My son-in-law and two grandkids accompanied
me to the great white way and joined in my French
fry feast.
    But it was their actions afterwards that got me
to thinking about how our communities could
raise much of the revenue they now receive by
taxing us.
     The solution is very simple. Install "Crane
Machines" everywhere possible. You know.
The devices are filled with attractive (but
cheap) trinkets that have kids, and many adults
as well, dumping quarter after quarter in only
to find, 29 times out of 30, the crane will not
lift the item up and over to the box where
they're suppose to fall out to you.
        Put these machines in school hallways
and the district budget will likely end up
with a surplus,
        I know you could argue that the money
is still coming from your pocket but at least

there's the fun of trying and the ultimate
lesson to the player that the house always
wins.
        I just sat back and watched while
enjoying my fries.
        Hope the grandkid's money holds out
through the week and that all your NEWS
is good!
     (Again, thank you to Karl for watching
the house while we're out trying to win
stuffed animals!)



       

No comments:

Post a Comment