Saturday, June 29, 2019

SURE IS QUIET AROUND HERE!


     SUNDAY, JUNE 30TH., 2019
 SURE IS QUIET AROUND HERE!

   Well we're back from our week of
family vacation. Karl has turned our
home back over to us and we are
exhausted!
    Now I'm wondering if I'll be
able to sleep. Tired as I may be it
sure is quiet around here.
    I've become used to the sound of
family all around me in the same
house or at the beach or the boardwalk.
     We had time to enjoy activities or
just a sit down chat from time to time.
      I had time to read my youngest
grandson to sleep and to listen to
my son strum his guitar.
      Wildwood has been a family
vacation retreat for me since I was
about the age of my little grandson.
My Dad and Mom took my brother
and me each year and after my
brother went off to college I was
allowed to bring a friend along.
       It was natural for me to bring
my own family after I got married
and now our "kids" bring their
"kids." Actually we're now at the
stage where the grandkids, the
older ones of course, are trying
to include our tradition in their
annual plans.
      I'll keep coming as long as
I'm able. I prefer all that family
noise to this darn quiet!
      Hope we'll all be back and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment