Saturday, June 8, 2019

OUT TO LAUNCH!


   SUNDAY, JUNE 9TH., 2019
         OUT TO LAUNCH!

   As some of you may know I picked
up a new boat last week. Well, to be
perfectly accurate,  my son and grandson
did the "picking up" and hauled the
vessel to a lake where my son's family
has a camper.
     A very good friend of mine gave me
the 14 foot boat which we knew would
be a great addition to the camping
adventure.
     My son and his father-in-law
hauled the boat to the shore of the
lake the other day. But the only
thing that got launched was my son.
He thought his father-in-law had
hold of the boat as he swung it
around. He didn't. My son ended up
in the lake.
      I know it should have been me.
I've been advised to go jump in one
on several occasions.
      In any case I handled the
inaugural voyage yesterday with
my daughter-in-law, granddaughter,
and grandson on board.
      In all fairness my son helped
by pushing us off. This time however,
only his feet got wet!
       I have an electric motor I plan
to install on the vessel. Until I do
it is, of course, a row boat. And I
am the rower! Consequently the
sail across the small lake took a
little longer than expected.
         Good exercise I'm told!
         Hope the soreness goes
away soon and that all your NEWS
is good!
     




No comments:

Post a Comment