Friday, June 21, 2019

HE'S BACK!


    FRIDAY, JUNE 22ND., 2019
                HE'S BACK!

     I've cleared of the spare bed,
stocked the fridge with hot dogs
and cheese, a few beers and left
instructions for how to change
channels on the television.
      We're going on our annual
family vacation and our occasional
live in relative Karl is moving in
to watch the house.
       It's a vacation for him as well
and reminiscent of his basement
quarters he once enjoyed at my
late father-in-law's home.
        Don't send the Welcome
Wagon. Karl is not what you'd
call a "people person." Maybe
that's why he's such a good
watchman!
        I'd love to include his photo
with today's blog but Karl has
never, to my knowledge, allowed
anyone to take his picture. And
while I mean no offense, I suspect
if I did get one of him you'd expect
to see numbers beneath his face.
       He does not, as you might already
expect, read my blogs. Nor anything
else that comes on a laptop or tablet.
       He does enjoy a good joke!
       I would like to thank him for
all his help and his willingness to
show up whenever we need him.
        Hope we all have a good week
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment