Saturday, June 1, 2019

SAILING....DOWN THE HIGHWAY!


      SUNDAY, JUNE 2ND., 2019
SAILING....DOWN THE HIGHWAY!

  A very good friend of mine offered to
give me an aluminum boat which he no
longer used.
   I was extremely thankful and anxious
to pick it up at his lake home in Lackawanna
County. I use the term "pick it up" as in
somebody will have to do it!
   He said it was 14 feet long so I envisioned
hauling it home atop my Kia SUV. Well,
he said, I don't think your Kia will do the
job. He was right!
   Thankfully my son was able to borrow
his father-in-law's Explorer. Thankfully I
took my 16-year-old grandson along!
    The only help I was able to offer was
backing the vehicle up while my son and
grandson lifted what must have seemed
like Noah's Ark onto the roof of the huge
SUV!
     Rain would not have prevented any
problem. The vessel completely covered
the roof eve overlapping the front windshield!
     Wind ripping over the craft as we drove
produced a sound like a locomotive roaring
down the tracks! And every bump had us
staring at the bow to make sure it was still
there and facing forward!
      We choose back roads, a wise decision,
to haul the boat to our family camper where
we'll use it for rowing and fishing.
       Hope it stays right where it is now and
that all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment