Friday, April 13, 2012

"Big Brother" IS Watching!

     I choose a nearby back country road
for my walk yesterday.
     There's very little traffic. At least in
the morning. You can literally walk
along on the side of the road. In fact
you have to!
      There's too much liter along the
berm to have sure footing.
      Either there's a lot more traffic later
in the day or there's a hole in a garbage
truck that uses this route!
      So there I am, the empty roadway
the litter and me and then I see........a
sign.
      It's set up on a curve where the berm
is wide enough to park a tractor trailer.
But it's still in the middle of the woods.
      The sign warns those who take the
time to read it that the area is being
monitored by video cameras 24 hours
a day!
       I spotted what looked like a video
camera box across the road mid way up
a utility pole.
       I guess it's one of those "Big
Brother" things?
       I'm not quite sure why anybody
would want to watch this particular
spot. It's not particularly attractive.
       I suppose it could have been set
up as a deterrent to dumping. But if that's
the case it's not working because there's
trash on the site.
       Anyhow I didn't want to disappoint
somebody who might be sitting in a
monitoring booth somewhere or who has
to come and check the video recording
every so often.
       So I waved at the camera.......and took
my own picture of the site and it!
       If you're the person working the camera
I hope you like the picture.
       If you're just reading the blog I hope you'll
feel like you've been there and that all your
NEWS is good!

















No comments:

Post a Comment