Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easy Come, Easy Go!

   Earlier this year I wrote about the new
neighbors we were getting in our Mobile
Home Park.
   Emergency officials began moving a
small fleet of trailers onto unoccupied
lots while work crews installed skirting
and decking for the units.
   PPL set up wooden braces to hold the
wires providing electrical service to the
mobile homes.
   It was all part of an effort to provide
housing to families whose homes were
damaged by the flooding that hit much
of our area last September.
   I've only actually met two of the dozens
of people who moved in. Both seem very
nice and, I think, plan to be around for
awhile.
   One, whose previous home was right
next to the Susquehanna River near Falls,
has talked about putting a small swimming
pool. I'll be keeping in touch with him!
    I thought it was nice to  see some new
faces in the neighborhood!
    Now I've noticed that a few of the FEMA
trailers are beginning to disappear! One, just
down the street from my home, was there on
Saturday, but gone yesterday morning!
     I sometimes fail to notice changes even
when it involves something right before my
eyes.
     My wife once asked me if I noticed
anything different in the back yard when I
returned from work. I thought it was some
sort of "loaded" question so I quickly went
to the window to have a second look at the
yard I had just driven past.
    It took that extra effort to  realize she had
managed to get rid of an old, unused,
15 foot travel trailer that had been parked
there for several years!
     I never got a chance to say hello, let
alone goodbye to the folks who just left.
     I just hope they took a few cats with
them when they pulled out!  I know there's
a few to spare around here!
     Well  at least I noticed the empty space
this time!
     Hope you're "on the ball" too, and that
all your NEWS is good!

    













 

No comments:

Post a Comment