Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Close Brush With MILLIONS!

  The big Mega Millions Jackpot was a mere
$540 million when I bought my ticket while
returning to Pennsylvania from Virgina last
Thursday.
   One million dollar jackpots don't even
attract any body's attention anymore.
   But the Mega Millions Mania pulled me
in.....as it did so many other...suckers....I mean
players.
   I didn't really think I had any chance of
winning.
   In fact I didn't even look at my ticket as or
just after the winning numbers were drawn.
   I heard something about groups of people
in other states that would have to share the
winnings. But I never looked to see who or
where they were.
   My ticket sat, untouched, on my dresser
right where I left it when I arrived back
home a week ago today!
   Then, Tuesday, I heard our local radio
talk show host, Nancy Kman, reporting
that she had won $10,000 in the drawing.
    I had forgotten that, in addition to the
big winners, people with some but not all
of the winning numbers also qualified for
a piece of all that loot.
    Could I be one of them?
    It was time to find out!
    And so 4 days after the drawing I went
back to my room and grabbed my ticket.
    A quick check on the Internet allowed
me to review the winning numbers.
    And guess what!!!!!????
    There were six numbers drawn!
    One was a "2." I had a "1."
    One was a "38." I had a "39."
    One was a "46." I had a "47."
    Wouldn't you think that was close
enough for an Honorable Mention?
     Well, anyway, it's kind of neat to
know that one of those winners....maybe
the millionaires....maybe Nancy.....will be
using my dollar with their first purchase.
      Spend it wisely!!!!!!!
      (Not on a lottery ticket!)
      Hope your luck is great and that all
your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment