Sunday, April 29, 2012

Wide World of Sports!

  ABC's Wide World of Sports set a lot of
standards for sports over the years! If you
recall it "spanned the globe" to bring you
all kinds of sports activities.
  Well...they could have just followed our
family around yesterday and put a whole
program together!
   While we didn't span the globe we did
manage to show up in two counties and
one other state as my wife and I, my son,
and all four grand kids spent a typical
"family Saturday" engaged in all kinds
of competition!
    One grand daughter made her first
official team appearance on the soccer
field.
    Another took her gymnastic and
tumbling skills to West Virginia to
compete.
   My son and grand son completed a
BMX race postponed by rain last week
then signed on for a second round as
this week's motos got started.
   My wife, grandson and I were back
on a challenging miniature golf course
and threw in a game of pool for good
measure.
   Like ABC's Wide World we got a
chance to witness the "Thrill of
Victory" and the "Agony of Defeat."
   My grand daughter took a second
place in "Sinc" competition in West
Virginia and my grandson took a
second in his first BMX race of the
evening.
   That said, he and my son had close
races....but "no cigar" in the evening's
final motos while my grand daughter's
soccer team got shut out in its first
game of the season.
    I won't tell you who won
the mini golf game because it might
seem like I'm boasting. I will tell
you that my grandson hit a shot from
off the "fairway" that hit a rock and
bounced into the hole. I have to
tell you or he will!
   Of course, like they always say,
it isn't if you win or loose.....it's how
you played the game. In that respect
we all came out winners.....especially
me because I took the pool game
.....by one ball!
   Hope you're in the game and that
all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment