Friday, April 6, 2012

Car "Art"

   There seems to be a growing tendency on the
part of some people to "decorate" their vehicles
with what I will generously call "car art."
    I guess it's not all that new.
    Bumper stickers, for instance, have been
around for many many years.
    Too many I think!
    They are very difficult to remove and
can become very dated!
    And who wants to see a 68 Corvette with a
Bumper Sticker proclaiming "Nixon...He's the
One!?"
    I never much liked the idea of adding slogans or
decals or other such items to cars.
    That said I will admit to adding a little silver
plate bearing the inscription "This car custom
built for David DeCosmo" to the dash of my
1963 Austin Healey Sprite. It wasn't of course.
     But the plaque was neat. And it was inside
where only I and my passenger could see it.
     I thought it might impress her...ah....them!
     I think things like baseball team logos belong
on baseball hats and T shirts, not on the rear
windows of Fords and Chevys.
     Then there's that little guy whose making
obscene gestures or worse at the incorporated
logo of some team or type of car the driver
doesn't like.
     The latest fad involves little stick figures
usually depicting a couple of adults and one or
more children standing hand in hand with happy
faces.
      I initially thought  it represented the
number and size of the people the driver had
run down.
      Don't get me wrong. I'm all for self
expression. I'd just rather see it in a Blog!
      Hope you "Brake for animals" and that
all your NEWS is good!










No comments:

Post a Comment