Monday, April 23, 2012

My Night At The Museum! (One Day)

  Actually my "night" at the museum was really
during the day! But, since I and my friends
were there to talk about Pennsylvania
connections of the sinking of the Titanic I
suppose you could call it a "Night to Remember"
during a daytime presentation!
   Bill Lewis, who authored a book on
Wilkes-Barre bound Titanic passengers, Mae
Thomas, and Dolores Elias, who had
relatives on the doomed ship, and I were
invited to the State Museum of Pennsylvania
in Harrisburg yesterday to tell our stories to
an audience of about 200 people.
  But we also got some time to look around
the place.What we saw was pretty
amazing. And if you live in Pennsylvania
it all belongs to you!
  There's the full skeleton of a Mastodon
which was unearthed in the Poconos a few
years ago.
   There's a Piper Cub. The small airplane
produced in Lycoming County for  many years.
    Think electric cars are new? The State
Museum has a huge all electric delivery
truck  that drove the streets many many
years ago. And a drum from the battle of
Gettysburg complete with bullet holes from
the battle!
     If, like in the movie, exhibits here came
to life after hours...this would be an
exciting place to be.
     In fact....it is anyway!
     And I know.  After all, I was an
"exhibit" if only for a couple of hours!
     Hope you  get a chance to visit and that
all your NEWS is good!













No comments:

Post a Comment