Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mauled! (make that Malled!)

  I was lured to the Mall yesterday!
  My visits there are usually confined to
Christmas season when the certainty of
finding a Hickory Farm kiosk mandates
an annual stop.
   This time I was double teamed by my
wife and daughter who managed to find
a newspaper article about an exhibit of
remote control aircraft which was set
up in the midst of all the shops.
    It was, in fact, a delightful display
with many very impressive models and
a group of RC  Pilots most willing to
share information about the sport.
    I would have been most content to
stay on that landing strip for awhile.
   But all too soon, as I feared, I found
myself wandering through shops checking
on non flying machines like crock pots
and the like.
   We found ourselves with some sort of
discount coupon we got from some ladies
who were giving them out in return for a
donation  to  their Dog Training Club.
   They had a poodle that can catch a ball!
   I can do that too. But not in my mouth.
   Window shopping or "just looking"
is not my thing. So, with grand son in
hand  we searched for a place to
escape the rush of people heading in and
out of stores and up and down the isles.
   We found it, as I'm sure many other
men have who have been dragged to the
Mall  over the years.
    We found it in the form of a bench
right smack dab in the middle of those
isles. Some wonderful person, very
likely a man, has set them up throughout
the place. And when you see them
occupied ...they are usually occupied by
men! And I know how they feel!
    Hope you find a bench when you
need it and that all your NEWS is
good!















No comments:

Post a Comment