Monday, April 2, 2012

A Sake Sunday

  Razor sharp blades flying through the air! A
sudden burst of fire! An erupting volcano!
  Sunday at the movies....right?
  Nope!
  These scenes were offered up right in front of
my eyes at a Japanese Hibachi Restaurant!
   It's not one of my regular luncheon stops.
   I'm more of a "meat and potatoes man."
   But we were invited to join some friends at
a Birthday celebration and this place offered
a floor show with its food!
   We had our own individual chef at our
table. He was both the cook and the entertainment!
 And he was good at what he did.
    I was grateful for his expertise as I sat just
three feet away as juggled some cutlery and
proceeded to set the grill on fire! If only I had
some marsh mellows!
    He didn't have a lot to say......other than
"Happy, Happy" as he squirted some sort of
liquid directly into our mouths. He identified it
as "Sake." And the more he squirted the more
some of the recipients became "Happy, Happy."
   Since steak was an option on the menu I
choose it.
    Luckily "Chef Happy, Happy" sliced it into
pieces as he cooked it.  That would have been
difficult for me because my "silverware"
consisted of one fork and two long sticks of
wood. I used the fork.
   I'm told the other choice was chop sticks.
   But I don't see how you could chop anything
with them. They're too thin.
   And, oh yes, the volcano. The chef formed
it out of food then ignited it like a candle so
we could sing "Happy Birthday" to our guest
of honor! It sounds a little different played
on gongs!
    Someone should tell these folks about
Birthday cakes!
    Everyone had a great time and I know we'll
all be back.
    I'd just like to see them add a cheeseburger
and fries to the menu!
    Hope you are "Happy, Happy" and that all
your NEWS is good!



















No comments:

Post a Comment