Monday, April 16, 2012

Fore!!!!!!!!

      I and friends and family took advantage
of the good weather and played some golf
yesterday! We figured we'd mark the
Titanic anniversary by sinking a few putts!
      Two of my grand kids joined my wife,
me, and two close friends for the round. I
know foursomes are more common. But
it's early in the season and the course we
choose wasn't crowded at all.
       It's been quite a while since I picked
up a club and I noticed some changes.
       The holes, for instance, must be
deeper now! I noticed it was much
harder than it used to be to reach down
to retrieve the ball! It hurts my back!
        It took quite awhile to walk the course.
That's partly because there were six of us
and partly because my grand daughter
would occasionally stop to play with the
sand in the sand traps!
        Golf can be a dangerous game. That's
especially true when your grandson tries
a chip shot over an obstruction and you're
standing anywhere ahead of his shot!
         I didn't do too terribly bad
considering my long absence from the
game. I believe I finished with a 76 after
18 holes.
         There are, however, two other things
you should probably know. First, I came in
5th. Second........it was miniature golf!
         Hope you're feeling up to Parr and
that all your NEWS is good!















 

No comments:

Post a Comment