Thursday, October 11, 2012

Are We There Yet?


    The temperature never did hit 60 around us Wednesday.
    But the sun broke through just enough for me to give
in to temptation!
     I put the top down in the Miata and my wife and I
headed out for parts unknown. And we found them!
     I've been driving around northeastern Pennsylvania
for many a year. Some business. Some pleasure.
     But, believe it or not, I made a few turns and
managed to find myself on some roads I've either never
traveled or don't remember!
     For awhile I couldn't tell if we "were there yet" because
I didn't know where "there".......or we......were!
     That was kind of neat.
     Our reward was some beautiful scenery although
many trees seem to be fighting the urge to let their
Fall colors shine through. Others, however, offered
plenty of the yellows and orange that let you know autumn
is digging in for it's all too short stay.
      We all know what follows!
      Eventually those unknown back roads intersected
with those we knew and our impromptu adventure
continued.
      While most of the ride was rural we did find
ourselves visiting the "urban centers" of Shickshinny
and Mocanaqua too! That was as "metropolitan" as
we cared to see and drove off looking for some more
back roads.
      One of them lead us to a popular Apple Orchard
where we got a good deal on some Macintosh that
had some slight damage from a hail storm.
      Speaking of temptation (as I did in the second
sentence) my wife offered me an apple and I ate it.
      Didn't that figure in a big story one time?
      I don't think I covered it. But it sounds
familiar.
      Of course the sun only graced us with occasional
appearances. And according to the National Weather
Service's new "Wind Chill Chart" our average 45 mile
per hour speed turned the 57 degree temperature to the
equivalent of just 50 degrees!
       That's admittedly a little cool. But between our
warm jackets and a heater that works even with the
top down we were just fine!
       I hope to squeeze in a few more "top down" trips
before old man Winter shows up!
      Hope you're enjoying Fall too and that all your
NEWS is good!


























     
     
    
      

No comments:

Post a Comment