Friday, October 19, 2012

Blowing In The Wind

     
    It wasn't "the answer" I found blowing in the wind
yesterday my friend.
    It was leaves! Lots and lots of leaves!
    They've been falling from the trees for a couple of
weeks now.
     Yesterday they were jumping down!
     We were visiting our camper where my wife
decided there was just enough sunshine to paint our
deck......once we swept the leaves off.
      While there's still plenty of color many
trees are already bare!
       I know where some of their leaves fell.
       Most came down into the yard in front of our
camper.
       Some found their way into my car.
       Hey, it was fairly nice out and I had the top
down!
        I was surprised to see how these leaves
were able to find thin vent cracks and small
hiding places behind and between the seats!
        We had even left the windows up to
channel the warmth coming from my heater as
we drove.
         That proved to be a bit of a problem when
I attempted to toss an apple core deep into the
woods as we drove home.
         Seems I forgot the window was still up!
         Apple cores are a little like leaves. I mean
apples grow on trees, just like leaves. And, when
an apple core flys through the air it, like a leaf,
is able to find small hiding places inside your
vehicle!
         It was, however, unable to hide from my
wife and has now been released into an area
where....someday.....an apple tree may be
found growing.....producing new fruit.....and
leaves that, in some future autumn, will be
falling all over the place!
        Hope you're able to keep up with the
falling foliage and that all your NEWS is good!
  


 


      


 


No comments:

Post a Comment