Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Preferred Parking!

  Back in the days when I was on the News Beat with my late
cameraman Bob Dennis I always marveled at his luck in
finding a parking spot!
   There always seemed to be one waiting for him just where
we needed it. Or sometimes we'd be pulling up and someone
else was just pulling out!
    He even broke down one time....right in front of an Auto
Parts store! He knew the problem. Got the part. And we were
on our way again!
    But parking these days has become specialized!
    You know about "Handicapped" parking spaces.
    They're usually right near the entrance to the store or
businesses you're visiting. And they're usually filled!
    Seems we've got a lot of disabled drivers out there!
    They've even got special parking spots for expectant
mothers.
    We visited a large hospital last week and found
something new in the way of parking facilities.
    The institution has allocated some prime parking spots
for "Hybrid....  Low-emitting ....Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only."
    You won't have any trouble spotting them.
    Most of the spots are empty!
    I suppose most of the Hybrid vehicles were being
recharged the day we visited!
    Don't get me wrong!
    Gas prices what they are I think it's great to promote
more fuel efficient cars!  The Mitsubishi  i-MiEV is
an electric car that's suppose to get a combined city/
highway 112 miles on a charge!  It either has a pretty
good battery or a very very long cord!
    On the other hand I could get a lot of gas for the
$31,000 (plus) it would take to buy one!
     But, if I did, I know where there's a hospital with
a parking spot open!
     I always liked those meters I found in Pittston that
had nothing inside of them and no place to deposit your
coins. I think they're being replaced with the "real things"
now and that's too bad!
     Next thing you know they'll be adding spots for
Hybrid vehicles! What a gas!!!!!!!
     Hope you can find a parking spot and that all your
NEWS is good!   








































No comments:

Post a Comment