Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Mum's the Word!


  We like to drive! Or be driven!
  We've gone to a little restaurant
on the New Jersey side of Port Jervis,
New York just to get pizza!
   And the last time my wife and our
friends made the trip...nobody actually
ordered pizza!
    Turns out we just like the trip as much
as the food!
    Yesterday we drove through the rain
to another of our favorite eateries.
    This one is just outside of
Lewisburg along Route 15.
    Country Cupboard is well know for
its popular buffet and we try to get
there a couple of times each year.
     We had a great lunch, although
no one ordered the buffet.
      But we hadn't really gone there
for the food! We went for the flowers!
      My wife and our friends remembered
getting a great deal on Chrysanthemums,
aka "Mums" when we stopped by last
year and decided to see if we could do it
again!
      The flowers themselves are tiny.
      But put enough of them in a pot and
the resulting burst of blooms looks like
Larry's hairdo in the Three Stooges!
      I knew my wife wanted a pot.
      I knew my friend's wife wanted a
pot.
      I knew our daughter had asked my
wife to pick up a pot for her.
      That, to me, adds up to three!
       Thankfully my friend has a pick up
truck because, somehow, those three pots
of mums turned into seven!
       Had we used my van the return trip
would have resembled the Flower car
at the Godfather's funeral!
       Oh well, according to NASA,
Chrysanthemum plants are known to
reduce indoor air pollution!
       (So why are they sitting in our
front yard?)
       Hope there are flowers in your future
and that all your NEWS is good!
    


























  

No comments:

Post a Comment