Monday, October 15, 2012

First Frost!


  Just in case you didn't notice in got a little
chilly around these parts this past Saturday
morning!
   The first "Hard Frost" of the season left
an icy glaze on our windshields.
    It also left me with a challenge.
    I had to find an ice scrapper I knew I
had somewhere inside the vehicle.
    At first my search did not go well. After
all, I was looking for an item I hadn't
needed for the past 7 months. I didn't
really remember if I had actually left one
in the car.
    I saw a window brush under one of the
seats. But the scrapper that had been a
part of that brush had long since
broken apart.
   The next long handled "device" I came
across was a window cleaner. Great for
polishing the glass.....after.......you removed
the ice!
    At long last I saw a small plastic handle
underneath an old pair of gloves and a
tissue box. On the other end of the handle...
a small ice scrapper.
    "Small" is the word to remember here.
    Cleaning the windshield on my mini van
with this utensil seemed a little like
painting a movie theater  screen with your
standard paint brush. Then there's that
scrapping sound that adds to the chills
already racing through your body!
     In reality I have the perfect device to
head off this problem before winter shows
up for the long haul.
    It's a little key holder with a button that
works my "Remote Car Starter!"
    You turn your car heater on and up
when you get out of the vehicle at night,
then start it from inside your house minutes
before you're ready to go outside the next
morning.
    The result......a warm car and clear
windshield to start your chilly day.
     My son installed mine. He does those
kinds of "neat" car things.
     All I have to do is listen to the forecast
then remember to use the thing BEFORE
I go out and find the frost!
     It's a lot easier that freezing while you
search for the scrapper then working your
tail off to use the thing!
     Hope you're ready to deal with "Jack
Frost" and that all your NEWS is good!























































No comments:

Post a Comment