Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Let your fingers do the walking (or talking!)


   We switched our "bundle" nearly a month ago.
   We left Verizon and went back to Comcast.
    It was a matter of economics. Plus, Comcast
offered some new features we have already
enjoyed.
    These "bundles" include TV, Internet, and
telephone.
     We have already learned that Verizon and
Comcast have something in common.
      Their telephone service isn't always
dependable. And telling them about your
troubles IS NOT an easy task!
      Months back we lost our Verizon service
for several days. Some readers will remember
my rants about trying to reach a human voice
to report my problem and the long wait for a
repair man to show up to restore service.
      Just the other day we discovered that our
newly installed Comcast telephone service was
down.
      Using a cell phone we began the task of
contacting the company to beg for repairs.
      The first step, apparently which ever
company you're using, is to work through a
series of numbers you've got to press before
you can reach an actual person with whom
you can speak.
      Comcast has taken that game to a new
high. Long before you reach a representative
you've to Press 1 to sign up for the latest
WWF Wrestling program, or 2 to reject the
offer.
     But this may be the best part.
     Our new service allows us to hear telephone
messages on the computer. So even without
telephone service I was able to play several
voice mail messages.
     I spotted one quite accidentally two days ago
and played it on my laptop.
     It was from Comcast. It asked me to press 1
to confirm my service appointment, 2 to cancel
it, and 3 to set up another appointment date.
    But....keep in mind.....that message was sent
to my home telephone........the same phone that
wasn't working!!!!!! The same phone for which
I requested a repair crew! DAH!!!!!!!!
     Before said repair crew could be late for
its appointment mt friend and I found the
telephone wire mess left outside our home by the
last two sets of "installers."  We made sure the
totally exposed wires were not shorting each
other out then reset my home modem. Sure
enough...the telephone worked again.
   I then started the process of calling the company,
selecting "telephone service" from among the
options, picking "repair" over two other selections.
rejecting the WWF wrestling match, and informing
the kind representative who answered that I no
longer needed the repair appointment.
   I'd make a call now but my fingers are just
too tired from pressing all those numbers!
   Hope you enjoy the wrestling match, or not,
and that all your NEWS is good!


































     

No comments:

Post a Comment