Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beauty is in the eye.........


  It was, I suspect, about the last thing I
 expected to see in Florida.
  It was a snowman!
  Of course he wasn't made of real snow. (From
 the comments of all the "locals" complaining
 about this 60 degree plus "chilly day" you
 might have suspected he was authentic.
  He stood in front of the Mariette Museum of
 Art & Whimsy.
  This unusual gallery is filled with all kinds
 of art work from more traditional paintings to
 things like animals made of horse shoes! And,
 everywhere, statues of Pink Flamingos!
  The one think I didn't like was its rule
 prohibiting photography inside! I've seen it
 in a few other museums as well. It always
 seems such a shame that visitors, many of
 whom only get to these places once in a
 lifetime, can't take some snap shots home as
 a memento.
  Photography was, however, allowed in the
 garden area where there was plenty of art
 work to be found.
  It's kind of neat to realize that other
 people envision things you may have
 imagined from time to time. Only some of
 them have the talents to bring them to
 life.
   I've come up with similar things. But,in my
 case they've always been done by accident!
   There may be a place for my Stick figures
 after all!
   I'd be glad to give you directions but I'm
 not sure I remember. My Garmin, brother-in-law,
 and two sister-in-laws were all telling me
 where to go. Two of the four probably wanted
to do  that for a long time.  
   Hope you've learned a thing of two from
 all those "paint by number kits" and that
 all your NEWS is good.













































   
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment