Saturday, March 23, 2013

Waiting For The Morning Sun!


  My wife and daughter got up early yesterday
morning with the intention of watching the
sunrise over the Atlantic from the windows of
our third floor apartment.
  It was due at 7:03am. That's not my most
favorite time of the day. I believe we should
begin mornings around 10 or so. But, apparently,
time and the sun wait for no man.
   I decided to go the extra mile by dawning my
leather Bomber jacket and heading down to the
beach to catch the event on camera.
   Much to my surprise I found some other folks
braving the chilly morning temperatures for a
beach side view.
   Two young couples has stacked out the front
bench of our pier well before I arrived. They had
some fully prepared.
    The group had heavy jackets and sweaters, a
couple of blankets and beverages to greet the
morning.
    A gallon jug of orange juice was carefully
placed behind their bench, And, behind that,
a corked bottle which, I believe, may have
contained something of an alcoholic nature!
    Maybe they planned  to "celebrate" a new
day? Maybe they planned to stay all day...have
the orange juice for breakfast and the other
beverage for sunset?  Maybe it wasn't orange
juice!!!
    What ever the case their, and my, early
arousal paid off with a beautiful view of the
sun rising slowly above the ocean with the
sound of the surf and seagulls providing
some natural "music" to the morning.
    Hope it was a sign that your day was great
and that all your NEWS was good!

































No comments:

Post a Comment