Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Something Fishy Here!


   I could almost hear the theme from the
old Andy Griffith show as I walked toward
the river bank Wednesday morning.
 I had been given the OK to fish from a
boat moored along the shore and the sun
was shining although a cool breeze was
evident from the swaying of the palm trees
on either side.
 Earlier I had stopped by a Bait shop to
see what the proprietor recommended for
anglers in this part of Florida.
 The choice, and recommendation, were
identical. "Shrimp",he said. Of course
the recommendation and choice were pretty
obvious since that's all he sold.
 The real question was, "What size?"
 "Jumbo", by the way, was not an option.
  Just small, medium, or large.
  Since my only real experience with shrimp
involved salads or, perhaps, shrimp on a
grill I decided to go with the middle choice.
  I spent a few hours drowning nearly a
dozen of the little critters without a bite
while a number of large pelicans were doing
their own more successful fishing with no
shrimp of any size.
  I had to wait till much later in the day
to see any fish.
  They were gathered in a large pond outside
a power plant where they shared the water with
a pod of Manatee.
  Fishing, of course, was not permitted!
  I got even though....at a local seafood
restaurant!
  Hope you're got the big one on your line and
that all your NEWS is good!       
  




















































 

No comments:

Post a Comment