Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Funny, but here's that rainy day!


 It may never rain in sunny California.
 But it does in Florida from time to time.
And Tuesday was one of those times.
 The early morning tapping of rain drops
on the roof made staying in bed seem like
a good choice so I decided to give "getting
up" an extra hour.
 Once up though the prospect of taking my
daily walk under an umbrella and through
some rather large puddles didn't seem
very appealing.
 My wife and sister-in-law suggested I
might take advantage of some exercise
equipment in the nearby Club house and
I decided to give it a try.
 I'll admit I'm really not a "gym" kind of
guy.
 I picture those exercise emporiums busy
with folks already in a lot better shape
than I all watching the "new guy" trying
to figure out how to turn the Treadmill on.
 Well my worries were all needless.
 Rainy though it was I found the small
back room of the Club house filled only
with various types of exercise machines.
 Each seemed to be as old as the average age
of the residents in this "Over 55 Recreational
Park."
 I try to walk about 2 miles 6 days a week.
 After trying about one on a "Step-type"
Treadmill I understood why no one else
had braved the rain to attempt exercise
suicide!
 The Rowing machine wasn't much better. My
efforts probably would not have carried me
across the Susquehanna had I been in a real
boat!
  A Bicycle machine proved a little easier.
At least I was able to sit down while I
tortured my legs.
  I'll have to assume the scale there is
broken. Either that or I didn't lose the
10 pounds I was hoping for.  
 Completely exhausted I limped back to our
vacation oasis where I decided to take
in an afternoon movie and watch the actors
run around while I enjoyed some pop corn!
  And,by the time I came out, Florida's
sun was shining again!
  Hope you're in sunshine too and that
all your NEWS is good!
              













No comments:

Post a Comment