Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Speaking of Antiques!


   I was.
   Speaking of antiques that is.
   I was invited to speak before members of the
Northeast Pennsylvania Region of the Antique
Automobile Club Of America. I'm not sure if
my age figured into that invitation or not!
    Anyhow I drove my van to Luzerne County
Community College for the dinner meeting. It
doesn't qualify as an "antique." But it is 13-
years-old.
    Most of the vehicles I've owned for the past
10 years or maybe more are just about old enough
to be considered junk...but way too new to be
antiques!
    This club has a really great group of members.
    Most of them own at least one car that most
of us would really like to have. You know....one
of those vehicles you or your father or grandfather
used to own that you wish you still had!
     At least two members have what you'd have to
call a "fleet" of antique vehicles.
     I showed the gang some photos of the kind
of cars I used to drive including a 1950 Buick
my Dad owned. I learned to drive on the thing
which was about the size and weight of a
Sherman tank!
     Sure enough somebody there has one and let
me know it's for sale. I might be interested. But
I know if I brought it home my wife would want
to drive it....right over me!
     It was a great meal with a lot of great people!
     And it's nice to know some folks really
appreciate and preserve some of our automotive
past!    
     Hope you like memories like that and that
all your NEWS is good!





Me









Just like my Dad's Buick





 Just like my first car!   

No comments:

Post a Comment