Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Egg And I (or Them)!


  I drove my daughter and two grand kids to a
park in Plains Township yesterday morning.
  There we joined what seemed like nearly ever
over child in the area for the annual Plains Lions
Easter Egg Hunt!
   The Lions Club in our area is a wonderful
organization intent on improving the quality of
life for everyone in our community.
    When it comes to the Easter Egg Hunt the
Candy companies must lick their chops when
they see the Lions Club coming each year.
     In addition to the candy found all over
the park's football field, basketball courts, and
playground area the Club gives out additional
special prizes to many of the kids who donate
canned goods for the needy at the annual event.
     All of the prizes, of course, consist of
various forms of Chocolate! I now know why
most of these kids will have Easter Monday off
from school. Most of them won't be coming
"back down" till Tuesday at the earliest!
     The "Hunt" is very well organized. Various
age groups are assigned to different sections
of the park. I must have missed the part where
they announced which field Senior Citizens
would be using...... so I didn't find any eggs
myself!
    It's probably just as well. If we Seniors were
in the race nobody would ever win!
    The Chocolate just kept on coming and my
grand kids got another dose at the BMX Bike
track where registration opened for the new
season. Practice runs were followed by....yep....
an Easter Egg Hunt! This time I tried to hide
one near a rock by my foot. But some darn
kid found it anyway!
     Of course the Easter Bunny also made a
full scale pass at all the kids at home this
morning too!
     Willy Wonka must be especially pleased
with this Easter! Well, that's more ham for
the rest of us!
      Hope you didn't put all your eggs in one
basket and that all your NEWS is good!
      Happy Easter Everybody!









































   

No comments:

Post a Comment