Saturday, March 9, 2013

Those Lazy, Crazy, Days of Summer


  It's already "summer" here in Florida. Although
they tell me that's the case all year.
  It's a little hard to believe when people who stay
here at least 6 months out of the year complain
about being so cold when the temperature hits
50 degrees!
  I'm still struggling with wireless problems which
is why my Blog posting time is sort of whack. There
may be days when I can't post at all. Guess my
computer is used to cooler temperatures and less
humidity!
   I'm been very lazy today although I did get a 2
mile morning walk. And I got to eat this neat
kind of fruit right from the tree. I forget the name.
   The sky, for the most part, has been hazy as
described in the song.
   My wife and sister-in-law account for the "crazy"
part of the verse.
   After leading me on a second walk that lead to
a yard sale I waited for awhile as they checked
for things they didn't have but suddenly needed.
   There was a nice looking 1994 Buick with
74,000 original miles selling for just $1600.00.
But it's the only thing I saw that interested me
and my wife didn't like the idea of driving a
second car home by herself.
   If their crazy lunches continue, however, I'll
buy the thing and insist she get behind the wheel
for the return trip.
   Taking a page out of their youth (and their
late father's as well) they say on the back porch
today with their sandwiches of onion and Limburger
cheese!
   We expect to get the best seats in the house for
this evening's Elvis impersonator show as they
say hi to everyone else coming in.
   I, of course, will have to go with the rest of
the audience to a place with some good fresh
air coming in!
   Hope your "summer will always be here" and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment