Monday, March 18, 2013

DUCK!

 
  No! I don't mean "Duck" as in lower your head
to avoid a collision with some flying object.
  I'm referring to Duck, North Carolina. It's a place.
In fact, it's the place from which I'm writing today.
Duck is on the Outer Banks.
  For those who might not know the Outer Banks
is a long peninsula off shore of North Carolina where
the first English colony was formed.
  It's know as the "Lost Colony" because when a
ship returned with supplies there was no one there!
Historians still argue as to what happened and where
the inhabitants ended up.
  The Bay is on one side of this long strip of land
and the Atlantic is on the other. People who live or
visit here, like me, are in between.
  The Wright Brothers came here to fly their airplane
because the place is know for its strong winds. Today
I realize why they came. We drove out of sunny
Florida Saturday into 40 some degree temperatures
and 15 mile per hour winds throughout Sunday.
  I'm not planning to fly any planes here. If it
doesn't get warmer I'll seek out an indoor pool that's
in this Condo complex.
   That, of course, is assuming I can make it to and
back from the pool. You see the view is fantastic.
But to get it you've got to climb a flight of steps
that probably takes you higher than the Wright
Brothers first flight!
    The pool is downstairs. I'm up. I may need
a flight to get back home!
     Or....maybe I'll just put my feet up and enjoy
the view! And, hey, it's better than snow!
    Hope Spring is close for all of us and that
all your NEWS is good!                                                                  








 















































































No comments:

Post a Comment