Friday, March 22, 2013

I Found The Fish!


   The  "Lost Colony" is still missing! But I teamed up
with the Wright Brothers yesterday and.....I found the
fish!
   My wife, daughter, son-in-law, and two grandkids
headed for Kill Devil Hill in North Carlonia to visit
the Wright Brother's Memorial and Museum where
the first powered flight of a heavier than air craft took
place 1903.
    It's a National Park these days. But thanks to some
good advice from an old friend I had obtained a
Senior National Parks Pass which admitted the whole
lot of us to the place free-of-charge! Free always
seemed like a good deal to me!
   The Wright Brothers choose this place because
there's usually a good wind. Now we know why! It
was hard to keep ourselves on the ground as the
strong breeze blew us around!
   Regular readers will recall our unsuccessful
fishing outing the other day. But, like I said, we
finally found the fish! BIG FISH!
   They were in an Aquarium on Roanoke Island
near the place where the first English Colony
up and disappeared sometime between 1587 and
1590...and No...I didn't cover that story!
   No wonder I didn't catch any fish! They're
all there in those huge tanks!
   And, from the size and looks of some of them
I'm mighty glad I didn't catch anything!
   We watched as an attendant fed the Sting Rays.
   We had to leave though before they fed the
man eating shark! That would have been
something to see!
    Hope you've still got your feet on the ground
and that all your NEWS is good!








































No comments:

Post a Comment