Monday, April 1, 2013

Makeup!!!!!!!!


     Easter Sunday proved to be a busy day for
our gang! And one with a mystery for me!
     The annual Easter breakfast at church was
followed by an Easter Egg Hunt, followed by
Easter service.
      Then it was off to dinner at my daughter's
house which included our own version of an
Easter Egg Hunt (the 5th in just two days!),
and a traditional meal of Ham and about 20
other dishes! I'm a meat and potatoes man so
I would have been just fine with  the ham and
the mashed spuds.
      I'm sort of surprised the kids ate anything
on the dinner table. They all had enough
chocolate since Saturday to guarantee the
financial stability of each of the countries
that harvest the seed of the cocoa tree!
     Only one Easter mystery remains.
     With all of the faith, family, fun and food
we shared.....how did I end up with a Black
eye?
      We were still sitting around the dinner
table when my daughter looked over and asked
me about the "shiner" that was highlighting
my left eye! I assumed she was joking or,
perhaps, was seeing a shadow from the ceiling
lights. She was not and it was not!
      Moments later I had added a small ice pack
wrapped in a table napkin to my Easter outfit.
      Since no one had hit me, unless it was so
hard it blanked my memory as well as
blackening my eye, we came to the conclusion
I had been rubbing my watery eye and broken
a blood vessel! I played up the "injury" a little.
After all it was a day for "ham!"
     Glad it didn't happen during my ECTV
program today! But I was yelling "Makeup!"
for the show!
     Hope you made it through Easter
unscathed and that all your NEWS is good!













No comments:

Post a Comment