Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For.......


  I have a confession to make.
  I had some ice cream yesterday.
  That may not seem like such a big deal
but I've been watching my intake of sweets
lately and ice cream has not been on my
menu.
   My son and his girls asked me to join
them for some ice cream and while I
initially accepted just for the good company
the nature of the day, sunny and warm, and
the look of the Strawberry dips convinced
me to "cave" for a bit of the cold treat!
   The flavor choice was easy enough for
me. I've always favored strawberry.
   But the menu was something like 4 pages
long! In addition to some 24 flavors, there
were all sorts of sundaes and your choice
of both hard and soft ice cream. Not to
mention Sprinkels, those colorful little
"things" that kids seem to require to
enhance the taste !  Heck, I remember
remember a time when you either got
chocolate or vanilla and that was it!
    Every time I have some my thoughts drift
back to the days when my kids were small
and we'd go out to get some cones. At a
certain age they couldn't finish their ice
cream so I had to step in and help......to
prevent waste. Funny thing was the more
I helped the more "waist" there was....on me!
    But it's good to see the lines of folks
waiting for a couple scopes, sprinkles or
not. It's just another sign that Summer
is right around the corner!
     Hope you get your licks in and that all
your NEWS is good!





























     

No comments:

Post a Comment