Sunday, April 14, 2013

Skating On Thin Ice!

    My grandson was invited to a Birthday Party
yesterday. And with Mom on assignment and
Dad getting ready for work I was the designated
driver assigned to get him there.
    "There", in this case, was The Ice Rink at Coal
Street Park in Wilkes-Barre.
     I do not ice skate. I don't even walk on ice.
In fact, I've been know to fall down walking on
dry pavement!
     Ice is cold. Just being near the rink is cold!
     But, apparently, it's also comfortable!
     I came to that conclusion after watching
people who ventured onto the slick surface. I
noticed that many could be found reclining on
the ice within minutes of their entering the rink!
     Kids, new to the "sport," were usually down
a lot more than  they were up!
     Then there was this huge Penguin...wearing
skates!
     How embarrassing to know that some guy
dressed like a Penguin could sail around the
rink, giving "high fives" to humans who were
falling all around him like ducks in a shooting
gallery!
     I tried to hide out in the Birthday Party
Room. But he found me anyway. Next thing
I knew he had one hand,  or wing, or whatever
covering my eyes while the other was messing
my hair. And what do you say.....in fact do you
talk at all....to a giant Penguin? "
    Hope your skates are tied tight and that all
your NEWS is good!




















 
 



 
 

    
    

               

No comments:

Post a Comment