Saturday, April 27, 2013

Story Time!

Welcome everyone...to "National
Tell Me A Story Day!"
It's observed here in the U.S. every
April 27th.
They celebrate this unique "holiday"
in England and Scotland too. But they
wait till October 27th. I'm sure there's
a story behind that!
I've elected to highlight it today for
several reasons.
First, I love to tell stories!
I liked putting facts together in story
form when I was an active reporter.
I like telling true stories, usually strange
ones about history, to anyone willing to
listen. Like the one about Milton Hershey
who put $300 down on a ticket to sail on
the Titanic! Called back to the U.S. a few
days early he missed the doomed ship.
Had he made it we might not have the
Hershey Bar today!
And I love making up stories, sometimes
related as being "true' to my grand kids.
I love ending some with the line..."It's
a true story...I made it up!"
I write about a character I call "Prince
Claude." He's not the sharpest "Royal" in
the deck.
I once had him try to rescue a Princess
trapped in a well by throwing huge rocks
down to her. She did not "receive" them
very well!
In another story I pictured him drilling
holes in the bottom of a boat to allow
water to drain out.
He may, or may not, be based on people
I know. You'll never know!
I read several to my daughter's first
grade class a week or so ago and the
kids seemed to enjoy them.
A couple people, mostly family,
have suggested I have them published.
I guess it could happen.
Meanwhile I'm content writing this
daily Blog which is usually based on
stories of things that I've seen or
experienced.
And they're all true....cause I
definitely made them up!
Hope you're got a good story to
tell today..and that all your NEWS is
good!



























No comments:

Post a Comment