Saturday, April 6, 2013

Born To Be Wild?


      I caught local radio talk show host Steve
Corbett talking about gangs this week. He
spoke of motorcycle gangs like "Hell's Angles,"
the "Outlaws," and the "Pagans."
     You know, the kind of ride into town and
tear it up cyclists pictured in Marlon Brando's
movie "The Wild One."
      Well Bikers showed up at our church last
night and I have to tell you....this gang was
full of angles.....but they're not from Hades!
      They were, however, cooking!
      This "gang" is know as The Christian
Motorcycle Association. Last night some
of its members cooked up a spaghetti dinner
which was open to the public. It's a fund
raising effort for the organization. And ALL
of the money raised goes to provide
transportation, motorcycles, bicycles, even
mules, for missionaries serving God all over
the globe!
      What a great deal! I get some meatballs
and some missionary in a third world country
gets a motorbike!
       These men and women aren't looking
for publicity. But I wish they'd get some!
It would show there are some really good
bikers who are out to build a better world.
        I'd like to ride with them sometime.
But, chances are, my 1971, 90cc Honda
would have a tough time keeping up with
those big Harleys and such.
        So, for the time being, I'll show my
support by slurping some spaghetti and
chewing on some Carrot Cake!
        Hope you're still looking for
adventure and that all your NEWS is good!







 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment