Friday, April 26, 2013

Going Up!


  I spotted some men at work during my
morning walk in Pittston yesterday.
  I think the part that caught my attention
was "their office." Well, their workplace
anyway.
  They were one, two, or three stories up
above the street!
   There's a new building going up
downtown and these "Steel Men" are
putting the pieces together.
    It's impressive to see them casually
walking the steel beams that form the
skeleton of the new structure!
    I'm not fond of heights, without an
airplane, but I've had a touch of their
experience a couple of times.
    My Dad used to visit a friend of his
in one of the projection booths on the
old Steel Pier years ago. I went along a
couple of times.
   But to get to that booth you had to
negotiate a "Cat Walk" on the very
top of the pier! It was a long way up.
Hence, a long way down!
   I was just a kid then. Probably too
little to realize what I was doing!
   Now I'm old enough to know how
scared I should have been!
    I try to make up for it by staying
off our ladder as much as possible.
     Upstairs are no problem.We don't
have one!
     But it's good to see others that
don't mind climbing to new heights
to build new places!
    Keep up the good work guys! I'll
just watch from down here!
    Hope you've got both feet on the
ground and that all your NEWS is
good!




























 












  

No comments:

Post a Comment