Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Wild World Of Sports!


  The season for sports is now officially underway!
   My grand daughter's Soccer team took to the field
this morning.
   I never used to be a big soccer fan. But now I
find myself sitting on the side lines yelling and
cheering for a team of young ladies who are running
back and forth on a very long field swinging their
legs at this little ball, hitting both it and opponents
in an attempt to get it to fly into a very large net-like
structure.
   One of my grandsons is back on his bicycle
whizzing around a BMX track, making jumps, and
sharp turns as he heads towards the finish line.
   The other just took a second place in Karate
competition last weekend as he took on other
Black Belts in Forms.
    Another grand daughter continues her
gymnastics competition and has just returned
after getting some impressive scores and
qualifying for National competition in several
categories.
   Not wanting to be outdone by these youngsters
I accepted an invitation to go to softball practice
yesterday.
   I was on the "disabled list" last season because
of some breathing problems that popped up right
before the games began. You have to breath while
you're playing. It's a rule!
  So I took to the mound yesterday to pitch
batting practice....after my year of doing nothing.
  Today I understand that part of of the old ABC
Wild World of Sports opening that spoke of....
"the agony of "de-feet." Only, in my case,it's
de feet, the back,and de legs!
   Hope you're in shape to play and that all your
NEWS is good!









































No comments:

Post a Comment