Tuesday, April 9, 2013

On The Road Again!


     It was still in the 40s when I went for my
morning walk. But the forecasters were talking
much warmer temperatures later in the day.
     I drove the van to Scranton for my weekly
 show on Electric City Television.
     Once back home I had nothing to do and
no place to go.
     The porch door was open and the ever
 warmer air filtered inside like the tempting
 odor of a fresh apple pie.
     I lasted till 6:15 when the unofficial
 thermometer read 74 degrees.  At that point
 I just had to give in.
     I walked outside, took the cover off of my
"wintering" Miata, put the top down and fired
it up.
     As I said earlier I had no place to go. So,
 that's where I went. Straight up a old mountain
 road near a small stream not far from home.
      In a sense, though, it was like a trip back
 in time. Memories of similar drives in my
 old Austin Healey Sprite or my MG Midget
 went through my head like the breeze through
 my hair. Of course that hair is a little lighter
looking these days. And the seat belt seems a
little tighter than it used to be.
     I saw a couple guys on motorcycles parked
right near the spot where I turned around to
head back. I could almost hear them thinking
"what is that old guy doing in that little car?"
     Just for a moment I had an urge to turn up
the radio and blast them with some good old
50's and 60's Rock! But I resisted. I figured
"ride and let ride."
     They say you can't turn back the clock. But
I don't wear a watch anymore! So who's to
say what time or, for that matter, what year it
is? It's sunny, 74 degrees, and the top is down!
     Hope we all enjoy a lot more nice top down
days and that all your NEWS is good!








No comments:

Post a Comment