Sunday, April 7, 2013

Treasure Island!

    
    Two of the grand kids visited for awhile
yesterday.
     Their curiosity lead to the discovery of
some treasure! And we didn't even need a
map!
     These were treasure "buried" right under
my nose. And I didn't know, or notice, or
remember they were there!
      You see the kids are smart enough to
ask questions like.."What's in that cabinet"
or "Can we look in the shed?"
       And while I might answer "I don't
know" my wife tends to say...."let's look."
So, look they did!
       They came up with a set of those
wooden dolls. You know, the kind where
one large doll is actually a case containing
ever smaller dolls, one within the other. It's
a classic collection to which I never paid
much attention.
        The shed produced some items I
sort of remembered. It's just that they
haven't been seen in such a very long time.
         Like those handles set between
sets of springs. You're suppose to pull
them apart with your hands and arms in
order to develop a body like Charles
Atlas. I suppose I should have  found
those about ten years ago. It may be too
late for them now.
         There was a collection of what
looked like canteens. Actually, one was a
Girl Scout Cooking kit. If we can just find
a Girl Scout willing to use it maybe my
wife can get a break from the kitchen?!
I suppose we could use it ourselves...but
why deprive some Girl Scout of a Merit
Badge?
        There was an old Skate Board in there
too. Imagine, one form of transportation I've
completely ignored! I mean, suppose the car
doesn't start some morning?
        And that's just the start of their
explorations. We had places to go and things
to do. So we've placed an X on the shed to
remind us where all those treasures, and
others still to be rediscovered, are stashed!
        Hope you remember where all your
treasures are buried and that all your NEWS
is good!





















































No comments:

Post a Comment