Wednesday, May 22, 2013

And the winners are.........


  I had to decide which to do first yesterday.
Take my wife for her blood test or stop in to
cast our ballots.
  I decided to get the hard part out of the way
first. So we went to vote.
  It's not that the electronic voting machines
are all that hard to use. I'm pretty much used
to them now.
  The problem is the list of candidates!
  For the past couple of weeks we've been
bothered by political telephone calls, radio
and television advertising, signs planted in
every available space along the highways,
billboards and, of course, those flyer's that
we found in our mailbox every other day.
   As if we hadn't seen enough there were
"poll workers" waiting to greet us as we
showed up at our firehouse. Each handed
us a little paper with names and/or photos of
the candidate or candidates they wanted us
to support.
    So why is it, with all that information, I
only recognized about a half dozen of the
names that showed up on my electronic
ballot?
   Of course a few of the really "big names"
that have been all over radio and TV these
past few weeks are from other communities
and don't even appear on my ballot! Guess
they wasted their advertising dollars in my
case!
   Then, as I waited to see the results, I
realized  my home township was
barely seen on the "crawl" at the bottom
of the screen!
    Since this was a Primary election most
of the people seeking office have to run and
win again in the General election to actually
get the position they're seeking.
    Maybe if I hang on to those little handouts
I'll know who they are next time around!
    Meantime I can write notes and grocery
lists on the back of the cards! This proves,
again, that elections are important!
     Hope your candidate got nominated and
that all your NEWS is good!
   


































No comments:

Post a Comment