Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm Still At "The Office."


    I was among the thousands of viewers who watched
the final chapter of "The Office" that aired on WBRE
Thursday night.
    I caught onto the series a little later than many. That's
not unusual for me!
    "All In The Family" had run for at least one full season
before I finally tuned in. And the comical detective "Monk
had solved at least a half dozen cases before my daughter
clued me in to that show.
    I learned to like "The Office" very quickly!
    I'm not sure if that's because I knew about so many of
the local places they mentioned all the time or because
I worked with a few people who were very similar to the
characters portrayed on the show.
     I remember one boss way back in my early radio days
who walked in one day shortly after taking the job and
told me I was being moved to mornings where he and I
would be doing a two-man comedy show! We became
"Chet & Dave" and the program was called "Sundial."
    I would watch him drive up in his topless Austin
Healey sport scar every morning. He either had no top or
it didn't come up any more. Then he'd get out with his
quart of milk (needed I suppose for his ulcer), come up to
the studio and we'd do the nuttiest things we could think of!
    I worked with an engineer who operated under the
assumption that every piece of equipment in the place,
including the "News Car" belonged to him and he'd get
like Dwight if you wanted to use it....like for gathering
news!
   Then there was the book keeper who practically made
you sign if you needed a new pencil!
    Those are just a few examples. I could describe a lot
more but there's that thing about "protecting the innocent!"
     I was thinking I'd miss "The Office." But the only thing
I'll have to miss is new episodes. The old ones, a few of
which I'm sure I missed, should be around for a very
long time in syndication. And as long as they're showing
people will be reminded there's a town called Scranton.
    I think that's a good thing.
    Now, back to work sorting all these paper products!
    Hope all your parties are like Scranton parties and
that all your NEWS is good!






















































 

No comments:

Post a Comment