Friday, May 24, 2013

The Right Present!


  My wife is celebrating her birthday today!
  I started thinking about a gift for her about
two weeks ago. But what to buy?
  If I picked something myself there would
be a very good chance I'd get something
she didn't want or need.
   Even if I lucked out I would undoubtedly
pick the wrong size or color.
   So I took the same route I would take
with the grand kids. I simply asked
"What would you like for your birthday?"
   My wife usually answers a question like
that with a list of things she doesn't want.
Well, I guess that does help by ruling things
out.
   But then she'll proceed to name a thing or
two that's not on what I'd call your "typical
gift list."
   At Walmart  the other day she hinted that
she would like to get some Mulch for our
yard. That sounded fair to me.
   What could be simpler than  asking the
clerk in the Garden Center for a bag of
Mulch?
    Except, it seems, there are about a
bazillion kinds of the stuff!
    There's wood, pine, glass, rock, cypress,
and black mulch.  And they all come in big
bags that aren't easy to carry.
     I think I heard my wife say something
about the Black Mulch. Hopefully it wasn't
"That's the kind I don't want" because I
picked up a few bags of the stuff which I
will present to her today!
      Still not sure if I have to wrap the
bags with a bow?
      Hope you're down to earth like she is
and that all your NEWS is good!




























 

No comments:

Post a Comment