Saturday, May 4, 2013

The "Shrill" Of Victory!


  I'm of so glad my Blog is a written narrative!
  We probably couldn't discuss this issue face
to face. That's because I probably couldn't hear
you!
   My family talked me into joining them at
a Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Hockey
game Thursday night. It was a playoff game
and our local team was taking on opponents
from just "up the road" in Binghamton.
   I've been to a couple other hockey games.
But I still don't understand the sport. At least
not its finer points.
   For instance, every now and then one of the
players does something wrong and, in essence,
gets put in the corner for a "time out." I think
they call it the "Penalty Box."
   I never seem to see exactly what they did
to merit the scolding unless, of course, they've
been in a fight.
    Substitutions confuse me too! Ten guys go
whizzing by chasing this tiny little black
round thing with big sticks and all of a
sudden new guys are jumping onto the ice to
take their place.
   Anyhow I do know you score a point if you
can hit that little black round thing into the
opponents net.
   But when our team does it they set off this
BUZZER that could probably be heard in
Binghamton! I expect those closest to the
speakers may now be totally deaf! I know
my ears are still ringing.
    We scored three times! I suspect
seismologists in California are still trying
to trace the source of the vibrations they
recorded!
     But...we did win....so each sonic blast
was complimented by the screams of
a couple thousand fans! It was truly the
"Shrill of victory!"
     Hope there's peace and quiet where you
are and that all your NEWS is good!












































No comments:

Post a Comment