Monday, May 6, 2013

Ring (a Bell) for the Nurse!


   I've spent a good part of the last few days
in the hospital even though I'm feeling just
fine thank you! I've been visiting my wife
who probably had hoped a short stay in the
hospital would give her a break from me.
Well that didn't work did it!?
   Anyhow, I've seen a lot of nurses in the
past few days. I mention that because today
is National Nurses Day and the start of
National Nurses Week.
    There have been a lot of famous nurses
over the years. Florance Nightingale and
Clara Barton immediately come to mind.
    (Then there's nurse Ratched from "One
Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest"...but that's
another story!)
    None of the nurses I've seen look
anything like them! They all look younger.
Florance and Clara both look more like
they were my age! And a couple of the
nurses I've seen were men!
    I have to give nurses a lot of credit!
    Several times during the week my wife
elected to sit in a seat in the room while I
sat on the bed. None of the nurses, to their
credit, tried to give me any medication!
One, in the Emergency Room, did ask
if I was the patient. Guess I do have that
"patient look."
     Back to medication, it's the
nurses that have to read that scribble
the doctors call handwriting . Back in
the 40's they probably would have been
decoding enemy messages!
     Anyhow, let's give them some
special recognition today and throughout
the month!
     They're always there to check our
pulse, get our pills, give us shots, get
us blankets and put up with the
visitors...like me!
      Hope you don't need a nurse ( but
will thank them for their work) and that
all your NEWS is good!







Florence Nightingale










 

    
    
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment