Tuesday, October 21, 2014

ANOTHER DYNAMIC DUO!


    There have been some great duos over
the years!
    Batman and Robin! The Lone Ranger
and Tonto! Sonny and Cher. Frankie and
Johnny.
    And then there was Frankie and Davy!
    For many years Frank Andrews was
a competitor. He anchored at WNEP TV
while I, as most of your know, was a
reporter with WYOU.
     Suddenly, one day, Frank not only
joined the Channel 22 Team. He became
the News Director! He went from my
competitor to my boss!
     Surprisingly we seemed to be a good
duo! I think it was, in part, because of
our similar sense of humor. Our morning
telephone calls often sounded like a Laurel
and Hardy skit. He's the only person who
ever called me "Davy." (I think he was
a fan of the Monkees!)
     Still when it came to news, he knew I
knew my territory and pretty much gave me
free rein to go out there and work my news
beat.
     What really impressed me, however,was
his willingness to welcome some "good news
stories" when I came up with them. The old
saying "If it bleeds, it leads" is pretty much
the truth. Trying to find time for something
other than murders robberies, and other
violent crimes was like asking the boss for
a raise! He didn't give me a raise, but he did
welcome those other stories!
     Yesterday Frank found himself working
with me again on my weekly ECTV Live
television program. He was a guest and
joined me to promote the upcoming
Veteran's Walk/Run which will be held on
November 1st. That's a pretty darn good
news story!
     The program will begin airing next
week on Comcast Ch 19 in Scranton and
Wyoming Valley.
     Thanks for joining me "Frankie!"
     Hope all your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment