Friday, October 10, 2014

The Workout And The Ring!


   Seems I've been on the go pretty much
constantly since the foot doctor told me to
stop exercising for awhile. I've got a sore
foot and a troublesome knee.
   Last night though I got a complete
work out! It wasn't in a ring. It was about
one.
   My grandson's class was invited to a
"Ring Mass." His Junior class was
receiving Class rings which were
blessed before distribution.
    The last time I got up and down so
much was probably in my High School
days doing calisthenics in the gymnasium!
     And speaking of my High School days,
my grandson honored me by using my
High School ring in the ceremonies!
     Students who weren't especially
interested in having their own ring were
encouraged to use a family ring instead.
My grandson choose mine!
      When I got it, back in 1959 or so, we
didn't have any special ceremonies. We
just figured out the size, ordered one,
and, as I recall, had it delivered to the
school one day. Nothing special. But...
I didn't have to get up and down a lot!
       It was neat to see it on my grandson!
       The last time I really had a good look
at it I was giving it to the love of my life
on the Steel Pier in Atlantic City as I asked
her to "go steady."  It was eventually
replaced with an engagement diamond and
then a wedding ring.
        I'm glad it was still available for this
special occasion. It probably would have
gone missing years ago had it been in my
care.
       Maybe I'll wear it to my Class Reunion
which should be held next year. We don't
get up and down much at those reunions
and I'd like to show everybody that it still
fits....if...I use the little finger!
        Hope it still fits by then and that all
your NEWS is good!





       
       
       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment