Friday, October 3, 2014

The Boat, Birds, Bubbles, and Bigfoot!

    My wife and I joined four of our
good friends for a final Fall sail on
Lake Wallenpaupack yesterday.
    My buddy will be taking his boat
out of the water shortly are storing
it away until next season.
    The forecasters had originally
called for a partly sunny day. But
they forgot to tell us just how short
that "part" would be! We did spot
the sun once or twice. It seemed to
be breaking through the clouds
about 10 or 15 miles to the west!
    It was just one of the signs that
Autumn is upon us.
    There was plenty to see. Some
expected, some not so!
    The leaves on the trees all around
the lake were fantastic as they showed
off all of their Fall colors.
     We saw the first flock of geese
leaving the lake as they head South
for a warmer climate.
     The trail of bubbles rising from
sections of the water were something
else indeed!
      I suggested they might be signs
of a Lake Monster. My buddy was
putting his money on the possibility
of an underwater spring.
     I just kept snapping pictures
here and there. At times I wasn't
even looking through the viewfinder.
     That's why I didn't realize I had
caught a photo of "Bigfoot" or a
"Sasquatch" until I got back home!
I didn't realize they go South for
the winter too!
       Hope you like the pictures and
that all your NEWS is good!
     




No comments:

Post a Comment