Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Last Mile!


      I walked the last mile Monday!
   Thankfully it wasn't to my execution!
      In fact I've been told not to execute,
    or was that "exercise," for the next 10
    days or so.
       Just a few weeks back I was walking
    all over the place in Ireland and Scotland.
    We came back on a Sunday and rested
     all day.
         That Monday I resumed my normal
     practice of taking a two mile morning
     walk. I noticed my left foot aching a bit
     as I finished my "constitutional."
         By that night I was dealing with some
     serious pain!
         Our Foot Doctor managed to squeeze
     me into his busy schedule the next morning.
     While a Stress fracture was not ruled out, he
     believed I was dealing with some internal
     inflammation. He offered a choice between
     rest and a cortisone injection which, he said,
     might help speed up the healing process.
         I favored the shot.....at least up until the
      moment when the needle went into my toe!!!
         He also suggested that my $10 Walmart
       sneakers would make better door stops that
       foot supports!
           I followed his advice, except for the "rest
       part."  A few days later I joined my friends
       as they hiked through the woods to a
       beautiful costal spot on an island in Maine.
           Yesterday I realized that while my foot
       was not in terrible pain, neither had it
       completely healed. So to the Doc I went.
             He was pleased with my new supportive
        sneakers and the fact the cortisone had
        relieved most of my pain.
             He wasn't quite so happy about by
         decision to spend some time on the
         Treadmill at the "Y" while my foot
         longed for some "time off!"
              So now, under doctor's orders, I've
         walked the last mile...for awhile. I believe
         I've been sentenced to ten days, At least
         it's not at hard labor!
              Hope those old sneakers can hold the
         door open and that all your NEWS is
         good.






No comments:

Post a Comment