Sunday, October 12, 2014

For The Birds!



    One of my grandsons is staying with us
for the weekend.
    Grand children are always fun. And
always a challenge!
    You've got to consider what foods
they will or will not eat. You try to pick
activities that won't bore them.
    We decided to take in a movie and
to see it at the Dietrich Theater in
Tunkhannock. The Fall scenery made
for a great ride and the Disney flick we
choose proved enjoyable too.
     Once home, about the time my wife
and I needed a nap, the grandson
informed us he wanted to do "a craft."
      The last "craft" I was actually
involved with was an Art Class project
in High School when I somehow
managed to glue tiles around a small
flower pot.
      Fortunately for my grandson my
wife is not only good with all kinds of
crafts....she usually has some around
the house somewhere.
     In this case it was a small wooded
Birdhouse that needed painting.
     There was a time when putting
paint and a brush in the hands of my
children or grandchildren would have
been like letting them alone in a room
to juggle swords.
     Much to my surprise, and delight,
my grandson has apparently inherited
talents from my wife rather than me.
     His project complete, I found all
of the paint on the birdhouse and
none on the floor!
    Additionally his artwork included
patriotic colors that most any
respectable bird should appreciate!
     Maybe I'll get him a flower pot
and some tiles!
     Hope he cleaned the brushes...
and that all your NEWS is good!




   
    

No comments:

Post a Comment