Sunday, October 19, 2014

The DeCosmo Roast


   No! There was no dinner at which
dignitaries took turns poking fun at
me. But my wife was there. She's
capable of handling that kind of
humor all by herself.
    In this case the roast was a real
one. You know. The kind with
meat, potatoes, carrots, and onions.
    The occasion, however, was a
very rare one for us. A stay at home
Saturday!
    After a morning walk I found
myself facing a cloudy day with
chance of showers and not one
single soccer game on the agenda!
    My wife had purchased a roast
a week or two ago for just such a
day.
    I watched as she prepared all
the ingredients. delayed only
slightly by the need to clean the
pan I used to fry some eggs earlier
in the day. She even allowed me to
have one of those unique treats
enjoyed by me...but few others...a
raw potato.
    Just a few hours later it was
ready to be enjoyed. Unlike our
pizzas, you determine when a roast
is ready by sticking a thermometer
into the meat, not by the sound of
our smoke alarm!
    We may have to stay home a little
more often!
     Hope that fry plan cleans up...and
that all your NEWS is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment